"Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Sim City has been using Alien Technology for over a decade, gained from the crashed remains of an alien saucer. With the labs and factories that held this technology were destroyed in the blast, the secrets of their manufacture and operation were lost.
Sims may not purchase the lifetime rewards:
- Body Sculptor
- Collection Helper
- Food Replicator
- Map of the Stars
- Moodlet Manager
- My Best Friend
- Teleportation Pad
- The only way to lift this restriction is to narrowly avoid being hit by a giant meteor, or to be present with a surviving family member when another sim of the household is struck by the meteor, whether on a community lot or on the home lot, and then to collect that meteor and take it to the science lab for analysis (tour the science facility with the meteor in their inventory).
- If Military restrictions have not yet been lifted, the meteor may be stored on the home lot in accordance with existing restrictions and taken to the science lab by future generations.
- The Sims 3: Ambitions expansion pack
- Death by Meteor is an addition of Ambitions, if the expansion pack is not installed you may ignore this restriction
- You do not have to lift this restriction in order to complete the challenge
- A sim ending this restriction can still lift any other restirction they are otherwise allowed to lift